Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm getting sick of Classic Rock Elitists

I like Classic Rock, Its alright. I must admit though, It is the most over-hyped genre of music that is still played today. The music is fine, my problem is the fans. Classic Rock fans are probably the most closed minded people you will ever meet. "Hurr durr music hasn't been the same since 1983, or whatever." If you know someone whose favorite genre is Classic Rock, chances are they don't listen to anything else. They will disregard all other genres, especially modern bands. If its not Zeppelin, they will hate it.
The Classic Rock Radio stations are the worst though. Honestly, I think i've heard every song played on there at least 76234847 times my life. They are fueling the idea that the best music has already been produced, and that we have to listen on repeat rather than explore new stuff.
I don't know why I'm writing this, I guess I'm just bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment