Saturday, January 29, 2011

Target Market - Concealer [EP]

Artist: Target Market
Album: Concealer EP
Year: 2004
Genre: Emotive Hardcore, Generic Indie
Country: U.S. (St. Louis)

Wow, this EP. Sometimes you just find treasures at the most random times. I'm going to go ahead and tell the sotry about this find.
Thursday, I went to a record store downtown. Slackers to be specific. They have a bin with a bunch of random CDs for $.50. As you might of imagined, they are all generally pretty shitty. For example, a rap group called Himalyas. The name speaks for itself. So when I went there, a couple friends and I agreed that we would close our eyes, grab whatever, and would have to buy it. I ended up with this album. To say the least, I was very impressed.
Readers may not know this, but I am an avid fan of the Early 90s style Emotive Hardcore Scene. Sunny Day Real Estate, Texas is the Reason, Cap'n Jazz, Mineral, Promise Ring, the list goes on. Unfortunately, this style is quite limited. Fans, hell, almost everyone knows that Emo made quite a change in the future. A bad one. That's unimportant now though.
This album is good. It combines the guitars and drums of American Football, and the Vocals of Cap'n Jazz. It sort of reminds me of Algernon Cadwallader, if you're familiar with their work. Although I haven't really listened to it too much yet, I'm really digging it. Its kind of sad that the band ended up in a 50 cent bin, they deserved a little better. I'm not sure what they're up to right now, but I think they released an LP in 2009. I'll check it out later. Point being, this album was quite a treasure, and worth the 50 cents. But I'll let you have it for free.
Rating: B
No Album Artwork found, I hope this'll do.


Tracklist:
1. Birds and Plane Engines Don't Mix
2. Flip the Switch
3. We Screamed Lights Out
4. Sounding Off, Gaining Clearence
5. In Stellar Orbit

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fcoeo1y091hdfcg

No comments:

Post a Comment